The workbook addresses several concepts and starts with the prevention of relapse. The major part of the workbook is how to develop support systems for maintaining recovery that contribute to successful recovery. The text shows many elements that contribute to addiction. It goes into detail about the genetic aspects of addiction. There is also a segment of how executive functioning of the brain can get impaired with addiction that compromises judgment, impulse control, and the ability to organize. But these impairments can be temporary with practicing having good judgment and impulse control, since new neuropathways can develop with exercising these functions. The stages of recovery and change are reviewed as well as the twelve steps of Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous. One chapter is dedicated to powerlessness and unmanageability. At the end of each chapter, there are references for the reader to consult that have been used for the content of the workbook chapters. Find out more at https://www.amazon.com/Successful-Recovery-Relapse-Prevention-McCausland-ebook/dp/B079648R6X Non-fiction, self-help
For Tortoise, winter is good for one thing: a nice long nap. Can friends open his eyes to a season full of surprises? Every year, Tortoise hibernates through winter. He assumes he isn’t missing much. However, his friends are determined to prove otherwise! Will Tortoise sleep through another winter, or will his friends convince him to stay awake and experience the frosty fun? In the follow-up to her bestselling Too Many Carrots, Katy Hudson delivers a charming picture book, featuring the fun of winter and the heartwarming benefits of friendship. Find out more at http://www.capstonepub.com/consumer/products/loud-winter-s-nap-1/ Children’s book
“It’s the relentless attention to the “small beginnings” that will make all the difference.” Wesley Berry’s fresh flower business started in a small florist shop in Detroit some forty years ago, but he quickly propelled it to a $60 million-dollar international company with 30 franchises in five states and a customer base reaching 130 countries around the world. In his new bestselling book, Big Things Have Small Beginnings, Wes Berry inspires, empowers and equips the reader with the tools that they need to succeed in whatever they aspire, in both business and in life. For anyone planning to start a business, is deeply enmeshed in one, or is just wanting to kick-start their life, this is the guide to get it done. Available at: Amazon, Barnes & Noble and Goodreads or the author’s website: http://www.WesleyBerry.co For a review copy or to interview the author, contact Scott Lorenz of Westwind Book Marketing email@example.com Non-Fiction/Self Help/Business
Meet Sofia Martinez, a 7-year-old with a big personality and big plans! Join the fun in the first book of this early chapter book series, My Family Adventure. Find out more about the author here- http://www.jacquelinejules.com/ and find out more about the book here- http://www.capstonepub.com/library/products/sofia-martinez/ Children
Master anthologist Ellen Datlow has assembled a list of beautiful and terrifying stories from bestselling and critically acclaimed authors such as Joyce Carol Oates, Seanan McGuire, Carrie Vaughn, Pat Cadigan, Tim Lebbon, Richard Kadrey, Genevieve Valentine, and Jeffrey Ford. The collection is illustrated with photographs of dolls taken by Datlow and other devoted doll collectors from the science fiction and fantasy field. The result is a star-studded collection exploring one of the most primal fears of readers of dark fiction everywhere, and one that every reader will want to add to their own collection. Find out more at
www.ellendatlow.com or http://us.macmillan.com/books/9780765376800 The Doll Collection edited by Ellen Datlow Tor Books Book Trailer. Horror/Suspense
When you’re a Super Reader, reading is super fun. And you can earn prizes too! Check out how to be a National Geographic Kids Super Reader at http://kids.nationalgeographic.com/explore/super-readers/
Encouraging, supportive, and educational, with 70+ leveled readers on people, science, animals, and nature. Kids
Sick of deeply personal accounts written in the first person? Seeking an exciting, interactive read that puts the “u” back in “aUtobiography”? Then look no further than Neil Patrick Harris: Choose Your Own Autobiography! In this revolutionary, Joycean experiment in light celebrity narrative, actor/personality/carbon-based-life-form Neil Patrick Harris lets you, the reader, live his life. NEIL PATRICK HARRIS
CHOOSE YOUR OWN AUTOBIOGRAPHY
www.nphbook.com Humor, entertainment, biography, memoir, comedy
With the launch of its 2013 catalogs, Apple Vacations is the first US tour operator to incorporate image recognition into its vacation shopping experience. Using the new Apple Vacations Interactive app shoppers can launch high-definition video vignettes that further explore resorts, destinations and excursions via their smartphones or tablets.
Apple Vacations Interactive is a free app and is available at the Apple App Store, Google Play and Android Zoom. Apple Vacations Interactive can also be used as a universal QR reader.
To view Multimedia News Release, go to http://www.multivu.com/mnr/55619-apple-vacations-2013-interactive-catalogs-new-vacation-shopping-experience
With iExplorer (HD) , you can manage/view files on your remote servers (Windows sharing server/FTP server/WebDAV server/SkyDrive/Live Mesh/Google Docs/CloudMe/DropBox/Box.Net ...) in home, office and anywhere. iExplorer also is a good eBook reader, media player, and work assistant. You can read CHM, ePub, PDF and large text/PDB files with outline/bookmark/annotation support, play musics and movies without copying them to your device, edit spreadsheets on your Google Docs and save them as different formats, print any viewable documents.
Features (version 2.2)
* Access files on iPhone/iPad or Windows Sharing Files/NAS server/FTP Server/Cloud server (WebDAV servers, iDisk, FilesAnywhere, Box.Net, CloudMe, DropBox, Microsoft Live Mesh, SkyDrive, Google Docs ...)
* Transfer files/folders/subfolders between iPhone/iPad and remote servers
* Transfer files with Bluetooth between iOS devices
* Transfer files between iPhone/iPad and PC with USB cable
* Manage files on local or remote server (Rename/Delete/Move/Email/...)
* Sort files by Name/Size/Date/File Type
* Zip & Unzip files on local or NAS server/FTP server
* Edit text file
* Edit Google spreadsheet, download google docs as pdf, Microsoft office document, zip, image, open office document, text files and so on.
* Open files in other apps. Open file from Safari, Mail and other apps.
* Stream html/Microsoft office files/keynotes/numbers/pages from NAS/FTP/Cloud servers
* Search files in folder/subfolders (support both local and remote servers)
* Sync files from NAS/FTP/Cloud server. View offline files if the server is not reachable
* Adjust priorities for transferring file tasks
* Print & tweet any viewable documents/ebooks (Printer needs support AirPrint).
* Stream photos from your NAS/FTP/Cloud servers (WebDAV servers, iDisk, FilesAnywhere, Box.Net, CloudMe, DropBox, Microsoft Live Mesh, SkyDrive ...)
* Support large images
* Smoothly zoom/scroll photos, view thumbnails
* Stream Audio/Video from NAS/FTP/Cloud servers (WebDAV servers, iDisk, FilesAnywhere, Box.Net, CloudMe, DropBox, Microsoft Live Mesh, SkyDrive ...)
* Support subtitle files (ssa/ass/srt) for video playback
* Multitasking supported for Audio stream
* Embedded PDF viewer, support outlines, bookmarks and annotations.
* Embedded CHM viewer, support outlines and bookmarks. Optimized for iPhone/iPad
* Embedded ePub reader, support outlines ,bookmarks, font style, fast scroll, auto scroll
* Fast large text/PDB reader, support font style, fast scroll, auto scroll, multiple encodings
* Remember last read position for PDF, CHM, ePub, large text/PDB files
* Microsoft Office files, iWork files, Web files ...
* Code viewer, syntax highlighted for C, C++, Objective C, C#, Java, Php, JS, CSS ...
* Fullscreen mode for viewer in iPad (iExplorer HD only)
From the best-selling author of Fun Home, Time magazine’s No. 1 Book of the Year, a brilliantly told graphic memoir of Alison Bechdel becoming the artist her mother wanted to be. Alison Bechdel’s Fun Home was a pop culture and literary phenomenon. Now, a second thrilling tale of filial sleuthery, this time about her mother: voracious reader, music lover, passionate amateur actor. Poignantly, hilariously, Bechdel embarks on a quest for answers concerning the mother-daughter gulf. Find out more about the author at http://dykestowatchoutfor.com/ find out more about the book at http://bit.ly/ComicDrama non-fiction, graphic novel, gay/lesbian
Virgin America, the airline that is reinventing domestic travel, announces it will bring its low-fare, award-winning service to Portland International Airport (PDX) as of June 5, 2012, with tickets on sale today for two daily nonstop flights from Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) and one daily nonstop flight from San Francisco International Airport (SFO). Known for outstanding guest service, custom-designed cabins with three classes of service, and touch-screen in-flight entertainment at every seat, Virgin America has swept the major reader-based travel awards since the airline launched in 2007. At a time when most U.S. carriers have been cutting capacity, Virgin America is expanding to its 18th destination and bringing much-needed nonstop competition from California’s largest airports to PDX. When entering new markets that offer little low-fare competition, the airline has frequently seen fares drop by up to 30 percent.
To view Multimedia News Release, go to http://www.multivu.com/mnr/55168-virgin-america-flights-to-from-portland-international-airport-pdx-oregon
BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) (NYSE: BDX), a leading global medical technology company, announced today that it received 510(k) clearance and Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) waiver from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the BD Veritor™ System for rapid detection of Flu A+B. This is the first rapid influenza test system that incorporates a digital read out of results to receive CLIA waiver.
To view Multimedia News Release, go to http://www.multivu.com/mnr/53615-bd-veritor-system-influenza-test-receives-510k-clearance-fda-clia-waiver