Linksys®, a leader in home and business networking solutions and Rivet Networks, makers of the award winning line of high-performance Killer™ Networking products for desktop and notebook PCs, today announced at Gamescom in Cologne, Germany, the upcoming availability of the new Linksys WRT™ gaming edition router – the WRT32X. This first of its kind collaboration, Linksys and Rivet Networks teamed to incorporate the Killer Prioritization Engine (KPE) to provide serious online gamers the only router optimized for high-speed gaming for users with Killer-enabled gaming PCs. The KPE optimizes traffic for low latency and less lag and ensures that the Killer-enabled PC’s gaming, audio, and video is fast and smooth, while simultaneously managing other online traffic in the home to ensure other devices and activities are not compromised. The new firmware and graphical user interface (GUI) was also custom-built from the ground up with a focus on monitoring and controlling gaming network traffic. The Linksys WRT32X is available for pre-order starting today and plans to ship starting in September 2017.
The global gaming market of more than 2.2 billion gamers are expected to generate $109 billion dollars of revenue this year of which 27% is from PC Gamers and 31% from Console Gamers or combined 58% according to the latest Global Gaming Market Report from Newszoo. “Serious gamers are spending money on game play and expect to have technology that provides significant advantages to beat their opponents”, said Vince La Duca, global product manager at Linksys. “The Linksys WRT32X provides advantages that no other routers have – and that is the Killer Prioritization Engine. The router, when paired with a Killer-enabled PC –from makers such as Alienware®, Gigabyte®, MSI® or Razer®, and others provides a powerful end-to-end connection to prioritize gaming traffic to reduce peak ping times up to 77%*, providing a real advantage for faster kills over opponents that use regular “so-called” gaming routers.”
To view the multimedia release go to:
2110 days ago by
Runtime: 1m0s | Views: 498 |
Not yet rated